Sunday, December 10, 2006

Letters - 3rd May, 2003

Dearest Gunnu,

This place is haunted.

It happened last week. I woke up at 2 am again. I am half afraid when I wake up at this time as I have dread something terrible might happen. And it did.

I heard someone call my name. The voice was female and distant. But it came from the window. I thought I was imagining things. So I simply turned over and tried to sleep. But then I heard it again…and it was louder and clearer. It seemed as if it was getting closer.

“Sarfaraaz….the voice went. I sprang up…and looked over at the others. They were fast asleep. I walked over to the window…It was open. I looked out. I could not see anything except moon lit gravestones. I was about to turn away when I heard the voice again…it came from underneath my window. I looked down and I saw her.

She was standing beneath my window, watching me. She was dressed in a white translucent robe. Her face was pale and drawn but she mouthed my name again when I saw her…” Sarfaraaz…”. It was almost like a hiss. She beckoned me to come downstairs. I did not have the disposition nor the ability to comply. My mind was confused and afraid.

I jumped into bed, pulled the blankets up over my head and tried to shut my ears to the sound. She called out to me thrice before the voice stopped. I couldn’t sleep…I made my way gingerly to the window to look out again. There wasn’t anyone.

I did not wake my roomies but I told them what happened as soon as I woke up. They laughed. They speak to me a lot less after the serpent incident. I do not know whom to talk to about this. I told Asif about it in the morning on the way to college. He was a lot more sympathetic. He suggested I should meet her. Bad Advice, I must admit.

I will call you and speak with you tonight. I love you, my dearest sis.


Saz.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home