Sunday, December 10, 2006

Letters - 6th April, 2003

My dearest Gunnu,

How is my dearest little sister.By the way, I found this little cyber café pretty close to home. Do not want to call it home though. Home is with you at Ahmedabad. But I guess I should start calling it home. Splendid parting advice from dear Abba. It might make the two years I need to spend here pass quickly. Otherwise, all that I may be reduced to, is pine about home and that’s not the best thing to do.

College is about a kilometer away from where I stay. I prefer walking coz I don’t want to spend ten rupees on a rickshaw. Mumbai is pretty expensive. Abba, please send me the Yamaha, it may come in handy. Most roomies here have got their mobikes from home. It’s easy to get around.

The place is a Christian one. Its called St. Anthony’s Boys hostel. I couldn’t find a better place. The rates are nominal. I’m paying 2,500 for a month and it has all the facilities that I can hope for. We have an attached bathroom. There are four of us in a room. And the rooms are pretty large. So there isn’t any problem of space. But yes, it is not easy after being so used to sleeping on my own, I didn’t get sleep yesterday until 3 am. But it was my first night…and I am also feeling so tired now, that I’m sure I shall drop off at 10 tonight.

I shall write to you every weekend. Weekdays might be difficult but I still will try. College is from 10am to 4 pm every day. Tomorrow is our first day. Hope the people are nice. I am not too concerned about them though, but I hope the faculty is up to the mark.

I shall send this out now. I will email you all at the soonest. Love you all very much.



Saz

2 Comments:

Blogger Sarge said...

I love your stories! I really do...I started reading, not knowing they were stories, and I was going to comment but then I didn't want to disturb the chemistry between the brother and sister, oh man. I really liked this! I'm going to tell a few people to check these out.

I liked learning a little about Mumbai - is the stuff about Mumbai accurate?

peace,

Sarge

Tue Dec 26, 11:38:00 AM  
Blogger Ruchi Saxena said...

Lovely work Akshay.. we indeed feel the need to keep reminding us to demarcate facts from fiction!! Really creepy!!

Thu Jan 25, 04:53:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home